Monday

Travelling- Cafe Flora in Seattle

I have never been one really to go to recommendations, for I am typically the character who is craving to have such a face as the one here. Most times people seem to me to be interested in delicious meals, but none that they would ever remember years down the line. So to introduce my first blog post, this is a note on the restaurants that I have succumbed to a watering mouth by merely reminiscing on such lavish food.
To begin such an adventure would be to a great foodie place as Seattle. Upon planning my trip there, a family friend referred me to Cafe Flora. Indeed the name fits the restaurant as a blossoming of eclectic recipes enveloped my tastebuds. Overall, the Cafe had a warm ambiance. One room was set up as an entire little greenhouse, and the rest was warm from the window plants, yellow walls, and exquisite lighting that made the place seem quite cozy and perfect.

As any meal must start off with for me, is with a delicious cup of tea. I had the Jasmine Blueberry tea. With it's punch of blueberry, yet not overwhelmingly tart, created for a nice palate cleanser for the rest of my meal. I dived into a seasonal special they had, which I say kudos to them for, making sure produce is at its peak of deliciousness and freshness. I had a salad topped with butternut squash, pumpkin seeds, beets, and goat cheese. It may sound simple, but what I believe truly brings out the flavor is the care in which the ingredients are treated with. The sweet drippings that coated the squash, contrasted with the saltiness of the seeds was divine. The textures helped create for a salad that had to be devoured, and as one wanted to taste each individual ingredient, yet also the whole of the combination.

Being on vacation, I had to have dessert. Plus, I had seen fruit was under one of the descriptions, so it had to be done. So this is what I got to dive into. Again, I went with a seasonal dessert, which was heaven with the simply made, yet immensely sweet berries. It was as if the berries had burst into a soup of flavor. The homeyness of the dessert was extravagant as well because the oats were simply layered on top and all toasted until warm. There was not any jelly substance coating the fruit nor sopping sugar surrounding the oats. I believe Cafe Flora to be a restaurant where the food is tenderly prepared to let their own flavors explode, and one would never know that there's no meat.

No comments:

Post a Comment